Come craft. Come experience local and handmade. Come hang. Come eat delicious sweets and treats from local bakers and makers. Come drink yummy local beer and wine. Win fun door prizes from locally owned companies. Come get merry with your making. (without the kids in tow!) And take care of a few items on your gift-list in the process. For one easy price. Two nights to choose from…
- @ Mockingbird Domestics where you can browse locally handmade art and furnishings
- 2151 S. Lamar
- Thursday, December 6th, 2012
- (sorry gents, this one’s for the ladies only!)
- @Vuka Co-op
- 411 W. Monroe St.
- Sunday, December 16th, 2012
From the good folks who brought you Austin Mini Maker Faire, Austin Tinkering School, Andrea’s Art Class, Future Craft Collective and Slow Family Living, come explore your creative side and get started with your holiday reveling in these gift-making workshops and full-on celebrations of craftiness. By the way, this one’s for the grown-ups only!
We’ll guide you in projects that encourage you to enjoy the process and keep it local – about as local as you can get! We’ll have tea towel screen printing, photo album or sketch book binding, mini succulent gardens and more for you to choose from – make them all or make a few of your favorite. Have fun with your holiday prep and leave armed with a few beautiful and thoughtful handmade gifts. What better way to say happy holidays than to say, “Yes, it’s handmade.”
- $42.00 per person
- register early as space is limited for the Mama Maker Night or the Holiday Make Fest
- all inclusive
- leave with several unique handmade gifts and the satisfaction that comes with handmade